Children and Youth Ministry Coordinator
St. Andrew’s Anglican Church
St. Andrew’s Anglican Church, Calgary is a renewing, multi-generational church located in the central northwest of the city, close to the University of Calgary and Foothills Hospital. As followers of Jesus, we commit to enhance spiritual growth, to share our talents through friendship, leadership and service, and to respond to the needs of the community near and far.
We are seeking an enthusiastic part-time Children and Youth Ministry Coordinator who has passion to nurture children and youth of all ages in their spiritual growth.
With support from the parish priest and adult members of the congregation, the Children and Youth Ministry Coordinator will develop creative strategies to ensure children and youth:
- develop a connection with God
- understand how biblical tradition and historical/cultural contexts shape evolving spiritual practices and beliefs
- encourage children and youth in their personal faith based inquiry
- feel a sense of belonging and are involved in the life, worship and witness of the parishDUTIES AND EXPECTATIONS
This position reports directly to the Incumbent Priest. The duties of this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide overall vision and direction for ministry with infants to teenagers, with support from the children’s caregivers
- Recruit, train and supervise lay leaders to be involved with the ministry and procure necessary supplies and resources
- Work with the Priest and Music Director to include children and youth in the life of the parish, including worship
- Plan and implement various ‘special events’ throughout the year
- Be present on Sunday mornings to lead ministry with youth and/or children
- Mentor and pastor children and youth, including supporting preparation for baptism and confirmationQUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate is:
- familiar with (or willing to learn) Anglican tradition and worship
- has an active Christian faith and an interest to explore issues of spirituality and belief
- is able to identify and prioritize youth cohorts with the greatest need
- keen to collaborate with parish members to support our youths’ spiritual development
- has experience leading and planning activities for young people in some capacity
*** candidates must:
- pass a police check,
- maintain CPR and first aid certification,
- understand respect for confidentiality and ‘duty to report’REMUNERATION
The position will be for 4-6 hours/week initially. This will require prioritizing the above objectives such that they are accomplished over a period of time. We expect as the ministry grows, the position will increase in hours and remuneration. Initial remuneration will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Closing date for applications: May 31, 2017
Please send resume and cover letters to:
St. Andrew’s Anglican Church
1611 St. Andrew’s Place NW, Calgary, AB T2N 3Y4
References and successful police reference check will be requested prior to finalization of any job offer.